Print this Page:
RC10R5-Oval Factory Team
Would you like to print the entire page, or just the main content on the page?
RC10R5-Oval Factory Team
The new RC10R5-Oval Factory Team Kit is Team Associated's latest addition to the fast and intense on-road oval circuit.
The 10R5-Oval is built on a 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis that utilizes a T-plate and 3-shock setup to suspend the newly designed rear pod. Optimized for brushless, the new rear pod features a 3-point upper pod plate with an aluminum stand-off that increases stiffness and dissipates heat by transferring the heat from the motor mount to the left rear bulkhead, keeping the motor cooler throughout the run.
Imperfections in the road are managed by the Factory Team side shocks that feature a through-shaft design making for equal damping with no rebound in both directions. A VCS2 bladder style center shock provides consistent damping and easy maintenance while keeping all the power on the ground. The center shock tower has four mounting positions that split the spring rates for even finer adjustments.
The RC10R5-Oval's "Active Strut" front end has been optimized, featuring symmetric components with adjustable caster and track width, as well as in-line axles. The carbon fiber front arm mounting plate makes for a stiffer assembly. Indexed wheelbase options with an automatic 0.5mm (0.020") trail in right front wheel improving the corner exit steering response.
Factory Team blue aluminum servo mounts position the servo flat on the chassis for a lower center of gravity and include Ackermann adjustment spacers. The foam front bumper helps protect body and chassis during impacts.
The RC10R5-Oval rolls fast and smooth on a full ball-bearing drivetrain featuring a ball differential with D-rings and an IRS graphite rear axle.
1. Chassis layout integrates new front end from RC12R5
* Symmetric part layout in front end assembly helps minimize necessary spare parts
* 0°, 5° and 10° active strut mounts combined to one part
* Suspension arm attaches to aluminum front bulkhead to allow for adjustable front arm spacing
* Front arm mounting plate
* Stiffer front end assembly
* Indexed wheelbase options
* Built-in 0.5mm (0.020”) trail in right front
2. Updated motor mount and left rear bulkhead
* 3-point upper pod plate with aluminum stand-off
* More rigid than 4-point upper pod plate
* Aluminum stand-off increases heat dissipation from motor by transferring heat from the motor mount to the left rear bulkhead.
* 3-point upper pod plate is more open to allow easier wiring and installation of brushless motors
3. Ultra-rigid 1-piece chassis allows for both LiPo and NiMh cell options
* 5 indexed Li-Po battery positioning options for proper chassis balancing
* Fits any ROAR approved 7.4V Li-Po battery packs
* 4-cell and 6-cell compatible with increased slot width for proper chassis balancing
4. Innovative thru-shaft shocks used in side shock positions
* Consistent shock building with no rebound helps keep rear pod tweak free
5. VCS2 center shock
* Bladder style shock for easy and consistent building
* Adjustable center shock mount has 4 different positions for fine tuning of spring rate
6. T-plate uses updated T-plate sockets from RC12R5
* Lower rear roll center for better rear traction
* Hard anodized aluminum pivot balls included
Take a Closer Look